If you have created a lesson according to the description, this table must now be imported into the TeachingMachine. If the table was not created with Google Drive™, a temporary storage is necessary first.
There are two ways to do this:
- Copy the table to your smartphone (SD card), before you save the table as a CSV file using office software.
- Copy the table to Google Drive with the option "Convert to the corresponding Google Docs format".
The lesson is now available in your smartphone as a CSV file or in Google Drive as a Google spreadsheet and can be imported into the TeachingMachine.
- Select in the main menu of the TeachingMachine: Studying contents / Manage
- Select a subject and in the action bar on the next page Lesson: Lesson add
- Or create a new subject for the lesson you want to import.
- Select: SD Card or Google Drive
- Use the file explorer to select the spreadsheet to be imported.
The displayed directory can be restricted with a search string (file name filter). Google Drive searches in the current directory and all subdirectories in the file name and text.
- When importing from an SD card, the parameters of the CSV file must be specified. To do this, check the setting with the displayed lines of the CSV file. Any discrepancies will be pointed out.
- Indicate whether the lesson has a line as a heading in the CSV file.
- Set the two columns for the question and answer.
- Flashcards: If the lesson contains advice, activate advice for question or/and answer. Then select the appropriate column.
- Indicate whether every answer can be used also as a question. E.g. vocabulary can be learned in the two directions.
- Use Import to add the lesson to the subject.